Thursday, July 15, 2010

My new Suit

I was a fascinating couple of days. Nice bit of travel. Had my license to enter a new country sanctioned. But to crown everything, I bought my first suit. Long back I decided to buy one iff I Buy it with my own earnings. But man the the lure of getting it (at 70% discount) one won over me in no time. It has been my dream the own one. Atleast the when I wear my suit, it will be mine. Right from my teens, it was a fascination for me to wear one and every time I see one of my favorite actors scorching (:P seriously) with a suit, I just let my imagination do all the talking. The grace that it brings to your personality is just amazing. I entered the Brand Factory at Matharalli in Bangalore. Its one of the biggest showrooms that I have visited. I have always prided myself in making very swift shopping. But once I entered there I knew its gonna be one long evening(I almost missed my bus). My size 44 spoilt some fun. I had very few designs to choose from. Pity that connoisseur like me had very few to choose from. Even the salesman understood my enthu and patiently was commenting on my petty remarks. It was the first time I took an hour to buy something. But when I made my final choice, I was very happy.

My new pet is black in colour, with slight glodish wide stripes that blends into the black perfectly. The moment I wore it, I knew that I had sated my long standing lust. The sleek stitches, perfect fit and just my love for those kind of dresses excited me very much. A timeless addition to any stylish man's wardrobe, these great attires are beautiful, timeless, and absolutely elegant. The matching trouser simply made me feel incredible. Its something that will never go out of fashion. It made me look very mature. Man I pray I had a good digital camera. So all my friends who are earning, i think you must have got the clue by now. My birthday is round the corner :P.

First time I really noticed the blazers/suit was when sachin wore one in Sir Don Bradman's greatest XI. Shadowing his youthful charm, he looked a man. Like every other Indian, I have adored him through out my childhood, like getting the same MRF at and many other quirks that I can imitate. But the moment I looked at him along with those cricketing greats, he sure did not look out of place. And I respected him a notch higher. Also there are many famous characters that has constantly reminded me of the appeal of this attire. Like the Sean Connery of Dr.No or Marlon rando of the godfather or the gracious Liam nieson of the Schindler's list or our own amithab ji in KBC all these and many more have just invigorated my lust for possessing one.

For me the coats/blazers/suits/tuxedos all mean the same. There could be subtle differences between them that I dont know and dont care to know. All I know at this moment I am loving mine. but the next set I will buy is only when I earn. I am just waiting patiently to wear it on some formal occasion. And I sure will enjoy and treasure that moment.

4 comments:

Dutchaa aka Sriram said...

Haha sure man.. I just dont have a team... :(

Anurag Mishra said...

you were at marathahalli today? where the heck r u now?!

Dutchaa aka Sriram said...

@anurag I was was ter a couple of days back man.. Came for my visa interview in White field. and just ran off.. Could not meet ppl :( Sorry.. It was a fleeting visit man.. And me a jobless fello din want to waste ur times. :P I am back home :)

Bharathram Pattabiraman said...

Suits remind me of the Raymonds ads :-)