Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Girl/lady in the pink nite pant.

Our eclectic group of friends and former classmates went to a movie. Being a small town movie theater, there was hardly the comfort and the exorbitance of a metro multi-plex. But that is compensated by the fact that you invariably see one of your long lost friends there every time you visit. Yesterday night we went to a movie 'Madrasapattinam'. It was an ok movie at best with blistering art and camera work and a petty story. So we went for the night show. We were one the first people to enter the cinema hall. I stood in the queue waiting for the my turn to get the tickets. Since I had a few friends with me it was good time pass. We were just making random comments and enjoying the moment. As it was looking like another normal night in the theater, everything was about to change. The night was made momentous by the entry of someone whom I had never seen before.

Wearing a nice white T-shirt, a pink night dress a combination that I would have instantly linked to ramarajan, ( a legendary tamil actor known for him atrocious on screen color combinations, something like bright green shirts and golden bottoms!! somebody match that!!!! ) and crack a sarcastic pj. But today I was simply awed by what she was draped in! I was disappointed that there are separate queues for males and females. She walked closer and closer and stood in the not so crowded line. Initially I did not see anybody with her. But I knew for sure that no girl in neyveli would would come alone to the theater that too for the night show. She was no extraordinary beauty, but had the elegance to captivate the beholders. I was talking to a friend who was standing next to me, but my yearning to catch a sight of her. Songs like "aval apadi onrum azhagilai and "khudha jaane" we begining to ring inside my head. I was paying great attention to what she was doing. I was keenly observing each of her movements, her mood as well as her body language. For once I felt like Ridley Scot.

Just as I was enjoying the picturesque sight in front of me, people started leaving the hall from the previous show. The ticket counter situated in the entrance, was the first place where the commotion hit after people a few happy and a few frustrated descended the steps and started moving to the adjacent vehicle stand. I was badly cursing those who were blocking my view though only momentarily. I wanted no one to disturb me. There are few things that u can ill afford to miss. And for me she was one.

But alas tragedy struck finally (as usual). I found sindhur in her scalp, in between two combed parts of her hair locks. The way usually married women keep in our place. For a moment I was dumbfounded. I could not believe my eyes. I checked and rechecked, once, twice and I dont know how many times. I saw a hefty man coming and holding her hands, after she got the tickets. They happily chatting went inside unaware that a heart had been broken. Knock out punch done and dusted. Why should all the girls I like be out of my reach? Why on earth this women so beautiful marry so soon. Why did that ********* marry her so soon!! From khudha janne it was "You are beautiful" by James Blunt ringing in my mind now. What a transformation!

My shoulders drooped, my poise dashed. I found couple of my friends standing next to me sharing the same feeling. We all so hoped that we would be competitors only to find that we had been disqualified even before the competition began.

As we were in the nadir of our disappointment, suddenly it was spring time again. It was once again time for khuda jaane. Another beauty in a green-white chuddidar was walking right in front of us. Remorse was rejoice now. Only we were unaware that we for long have been part of a never ending vicious circle.

4 comments:

The nutty student said...

Lol dude....poor poor shriram....the little heart of my dear elephant friend is broken.....dont worry you'll get to see many more in amsterdam...:)

Abishek Ramdas said...

dude, married, one girl kid, guess whose house she was seen the next day. Hint: girl child wanted haricut.

Abishek Ramdas said...

plus you dint write about the cliched movie. couldnt find a single frame not copied from another movie. titanic and lagaan spoof you can call it. Craziest movie ever.

Dutchaa aka Sriram said...

hahah.. abi in another post da.. I know she went to mittu's house the next day :P