Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Delft - 3 years and counting

delft


This post is going to be a bit narcissistic and self congratulatory. About a year and half ago, I was sure my stay in Delft would be less than 2 years. But like the saying goes "Man proposes god disposes" I am still here counting the years. For me personally it has been a wholesome ride, with bits of all emotions competing with each other to come up with a motley of reactions that i am pretty much proud of. Not that all the decisions i made in the last 3 years have been on the spot, but its sure has been an interesting journey. If NITT made me a man, in delft i have fermented into a better man hopefully. I did spend a forgettable 3 months in Oberhausen, Germany. Through out the journey, i made a few good friends, and sadly lost a few. There have been some great moments in Delft till now. I am just listing a few,


1) It has to be the Leiden half marathon. The beginning of the end of mota Sriram, the process is still going on. But finishing Leiden half marathon was special. A great feeling and something to cherish.

2) Surprising my parents for their 30th anniversary. Went to india after a gap of two long years, without their knowledge, reached home and surprised mom. A great feeling. But will never do again.

3) Seeing Dennis Bergkamp Score!! Dream come true. I saw DB10 score, rather place ball into the net with utter ease - another moment to cherish.

4)   Of course the best of it all - graduating with a masters to be Ir.Sriram Ragav - I love engineering, every aspect of it. It is extrapolation of common sense and I am good at it. And graduating in trying circumstances, is something sure to be proud of.

5) The two week vacation in Canada. A wonderful experience.

6) Getting my first salary. The feeling was wonderful. The thought that I could be financially independent did have a cathartic effect on my mind.

7)  Applied transport phenomena!! - Just a validation that I do know my chemical engineering basics and my GATE score was no fluke.

8)  Making masala dosa.;)

9)   My ice breaker in toastmasters. Never knew, i could actually make people laugh.

10)  India winning the world cup.

Hopefully there would be many more of such memorable moments. There have been a few not so great moments. But they are too close to my heart to share. I do hope that the rest of journey here is also as interesting. .  

No comments: