Sunday, May 22, 2011

The rival



Standing proud gawking at me,
The pride vibrant in your face, the radiance from distances afar,
People throng around you but have spared me,
I know deep down inside,
there is a pain that makes you who you are,
I act inward, you, outward,
your contemptuous interior masked by an unpretentious earnestness,
The reality Visible only to me,
and yet our differences not so very far,
No jealousy, no hatred plaguing my heart,
Knowledge of your banal and mundane mind incepting a smile,
One ray of priceless hope I see,
I know you the fullest,
And another priceless hope I feel,
You know me the fullest,
After all I am the meanest rival I can ever have.

2 comments:

sharika nair said...

Kudos!indeed we are our biggest rivals..knowing each other inside out.well delivered!

Dutchaa aka Sriram said...

Thank you :)