Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Name for my blog


When I decided to restart this blog, I wanted to rename it. I was blogging sporadically in my wordpress blog (sriramsgsr.wordpress.com : u will find a few posts repeated here :P) my first major stumbling block was to find a suitable name for the blog. I had registered for this blog some 3 years back. I moved on to wordpress for no apparent reason. Being a person who is interested in writing orbit technical stuffs, i wanted to challenge myself, basically by creating a repo of good good technical and time pass stuffs so that people who visit this blog, dont get bored. So coming back to naming the blog, I want such a caption which could thrill the people who visit this page.

I also wanted to add a tinge of historical flavor to the blog as I am very interested in history and believe that we have loads to learn from history. So flashed in front of me an anecdote from 18th century from life of one Mr . Rene Descartes. (Does this name ring a bell in your mind). For those who are interested in Mathematics, he a legend who changed outlook towards mathematics by starting a new face of mathematics called the coordinate Geometry. ( other Cartesian in his memory). There is this famous incident from his life, where he was fatally injured and was hospitalised for some 4 months. Having nothing to do (ob, those days there were no TVs in the hospitals for the patients to play around with the remote :P) he observed the room in which he was housed. It was a cuboid in shape. Slowly he found out that every point in the room could be defined with reference to that of the corner (which later he called the 'origin') This how the field of coordinate geometry the mother of mother of most the present day principles was born.

So one of his famous quotations was "I think therefore i am". First time I came across this in my class 10 when a friend of mine was reading a book on coordinate geometry. From then this particular caption has been etched in my heart. This a very true but simple saying that has so much relevance in the modern context.

So I had no hesitattion in giving that as the title for my blog. As the title suggests, I plan to include posts that are humorous and thought provoking catering to varied fields.

No comments: