Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I me myself

They saw me grow but not mature,
They want me to be theirs but not mine,
They want me to be perfect in their imperfect world,
But I cant leave, as they live for me.

Her wake guided me through my struggles,
In her I saw a part of me, or I thought I saw,
She drifted disgusted, when I reached out,
So I have to leave, as her path is destined to be different.

They travel along with me and relate to my trails,
They lend an occasional shoulder or an ear,
I cannot weigh them down, paining with my frails,
I travel with them keeping my distance, to lend them than to be lent.

To always lend an ear neither consoling nor encouraging,
To be there for everything,To be there without any scorn,
To motivate and pick me up when I fall and pat for the small steps of success,
It will always be I being me for myself!!

No comments: